Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

argh! what is it about record stores, anyway?

From: Ken Josenhans <13020KRJ@msu.edu>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 1992 18:01:57 -0800
Subject: argh! what is it about record stores, anyway?
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

lisa (lander01@gumedlib.georgetown.edu) writes:

>this past weekend i went to the great tower records, you know, the definitive
> store-- they still don't have a copy of mouth music.  they also didn't have
>loreena mckennitt or tori amos.  what kind of conspiracy is this?  they also
>didn't, and still don't, have any copies of rm/citw.

Tower does lots of things well, but I've come to the conclusion that
either they don't understand folk-related music, or they don't think it
sells.  "Mouth Music" might be filed under either Folk or World Music.
But your best bet for "Mouth Music" and Loreena McKennit in the DC area
may be:
  House of Musical Traditions
  7040 Carroll Ave.
  Takoma Park, Maryland  20912
  (301) 270-9090

HMT is an easy walk from the Takoma Metro stop.
They also do mail order.
I've sent Lisa the list of folk-related firms I do mail-order business
with; send me a note if you'd also like a copy.

 -- Ken