Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-44 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Jane Siberry

From: "fowler2@husc9.harvard.edu"@HUSC3.HARVARD.EDU
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 1991 17:57:00 -0800
Subject: Jane Siberry
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: fowler2@husc9.harvard.edu (James Fowler)
Date: 19 Nov 91 20:57:38 EST
Sender: fowler2@husc9.harvard.edu

Three questions about Jane Siberry:

1.  Where can I get Jane's first album on CD?
2.  Does she have any current plans to go on tour?
3.  Is she working on a new album?

I only recently discovered her music and bought every album I could get my
hands on: No Borders Here, The Speckless Sky, The Walking, and Bound by the
Beaauty.

The music is pure genius, written to be discovered little by little.
For someone like me who is very much a product of the age of reason, her non-
linear lyrics were utter nonsense the first time I listened.  Over time the
lyrics have seeped through my grid of rationality to the intuitive (feminine?)
side of me, and now I feel like I understand what she is trying to say--but I
could not for the life of me explain exactly what it is (a crucial problem
with non-linear reasoning).

In any case, I didn't mean to get off on a tangent like that.  If someone
who knows the answers to my questions above would post them here or to my
account, I would appreciate it.