Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-44 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: warlord!uucp@gatech.edu (UUCP administrator)
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1991 07:36:34 -0800
To: rec-music-gaffa@gatech.edu

To: gatech.EDU!rec-music-gaffa
From: bollar@f110.n133.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Richard Bollar)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Travel Plans
Date: 18 Nov 91 05:00:02 GMT
Sender: ufgate@gisatl.fidonet.org (newsout1.26)

 > I'm going to be visiting the Washington, DC area during the
 > first week of December.  Anybody have any tips as to some
 > "must visit" record-cd stores there?  I've been to DC many
 > times, I've done the Smithsonians a lot, plus all the standard
 > tourist thaings.  This time I'm visiting a family member, and
 > will be doing less tourist stuff.  But she just moved there
 > herself, so I'm not sure how well she'd know the record shops.
 > She (my sister) loves music tho, and we love to go looking
 > (and buying) for cd's.
 > So if you know of any (other than the standard Camelot and
 > Peaches chains), please let me know.  Thanks!

In Washington, the best place around is Vinyl Ink in Alexandria and Bethesda.  Though I moved from DC two years ago, I remember that they had a good collection of KaTe stuff (including the 6 foot by 6 foot (!) Hounds of Love poster) and many other things a well.  They also host the record conventions in the DC area...

Should be worth the trip.

Richard Bollar - via FidoNet node 1:133/411
UUCP: gatech!warlord!gisatl!110!bollar
INTERNET: bollar@f110.n133.z1.FIDONET.ORG
US MAIL: 6945B Roswell Rd. NE, Atlanta, Ga. 30328-2326
PHONE: 1-404-671-1039 (voice)  1-404-671-1024 (data)