Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Enigma, sory KT fans.

From: lazlo%triton.unm.edu@lynx.unm.edu (Lazlo Nibble)
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1991 23:45:30 -0700
Subject: Re: Enigma, sory KT fans.
To: <love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

scott@psy.uwa.OZ.AU (Scott Fisher) writes:

> I am after the flute sample that ENIGMA use all over their music.
> Anyway ENIGMA use this sound for most of their melody work, you know
> the sound, you are most likely sick to death of it by now.  So where
> is it from?  Is it a library sample from AKAI? ROLAND? EMU?  I know
> it's not Ensoniq.

I had to go back to 1986 (Sandra's MIRRORS) to find any instrumentation
details on an album that Michael Cretu did, but since his sound has been
so consistent over the years I'm pretty sure he's using the same base
setup: the list there is Akai 900, PPG system, Lin 9000, Prophet 2002,
X-Pander, EMS Vocoder, DX-7, and Roland Super Jupiter.  My bet's on the
Akai.

--
Lazlo (lazlo@triton.unm.edu)

NIBBLE SAY DECADENCE A WAY OF LIFE