Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Enigma, sory KT fans.

From: scott@psy.uwa.oz.au (Scott Fisher)
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1991 20:07:12 -0700
Subject: Enigma, sory KT fans.
To: <love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@uniwa.uwa.oz.au (USENET News System)

Hi sory KT fans for wasting her bandwidth, but I have seen quite
a few other people mention non-KT things and not end up black and
crispy :-)

I am after the flute sample that ENIGMA use all over their music.
It sounds like a wooden flute and goes something like this...

Chiff...wood-flute sound...(over-blow)...wood-flute sound...
        ^^^^^^^^^^          ^^^^^^^^^
Lasts about 3 sec before the over-blow (whats the technical term?)

Anyway ENIGMA use this sound for most of their melody work, you know
the sound, you are most likely sick to death of it by now.  So where
is it from?  Is it a library sample from AKAI? ROLAND? EMU?  I know
it's not Ensoniq.

Thanks for your time and bandwidth (BTW: I do listen to KT)

Regards Scott.

Scott Fisher [scott@wapsy.uwa.oz]  PH:(09) 380 3574.
Department of Psychology                                    /      \    W + E
University of Western Australia.                 Perth -->  *_.--._/      S
Nedlands, 6009.  PERTH, W.A.                                      v