Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: TWS: videos

From: ed@wente.llnl.gov (Ed Suranyi)
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 1991 17:14:57 -0700
Subject: Re: TWS: videos
To: rec-music-gaffa@ames.arc.nasa.gov
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@lll-winken.llnl.gov

In article <12OCT199118533223@ubvmsb.cc.buffalo.edu> v129j6ed@ubvmsb.cc.buffalo.EDU (I want to learn more about you, we haven't spoke in quite awhile...) writes:
[Cloudbusting:]
<I liked this from the first moment I saw this. I was happy to find
<out where the picture on the back cover of TWS CD was from.
<I do have a question though. Is that Donald Sutherland who plays
<the father, or is it some one who just looks like him? Also, is
<this version of the song found on any other places, or was it made
<for the video only?

Yes, that is Donald Sutherland, and this version of the song is for
the video only.

[Breathing:]
<I thought that this was the worst video in the collection.  One thing
<though.  It reminds me of people who need purified air to breathe in
<those bubbles.  Is this what she was trying to suggest?

No, it's a womb.  The song is from the point of view of an unborn child.

[Running Up That Hill:]
<This happens to be my favorite song from KaTe.  This is the only
<video from "Hounds of Love" not directed by her.  Personally, this
<is the weekest of the those videos.

Cloudbusting was not directed by Kate either.  It was directed by
Julian Doyle.

Ed
ed@wente.llnl.gov