Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Boxed set (again)

From: ed@wente.llnl.gov (Ed Suranyi)
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 1991 17:18:41 -0700
Subject: Re: Boxed set (again)
To: rec-music-gaffa@ames.arc.nasa.gov
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@lll-winken.llnl.gov

In article <91285.194125TSD100@psuvm.psu.edu> TSD100@psuvm.psu.EDU writes:

>     Well, I haven't heard any responses to the comparisons of the Japanese
>and UK versions of the TWW boxed set.

All right, differences:

1) Japanese set uses Japanese cover for The Kick Inside, and different
cover for Never For Ever (close-up of regular cover).  British set
uses British covers.

2) Japanese set includes ALL the lyrics, including lyrics for the two
CDs of B-sides, etc.  British set doesn't include lyrics for those two
extra CDs.

3) More biographical information in the Japanese set, but it's all
in Japanese.

4)  Someone told me that the sound quality is better in the Japanese
set, but I don't know for a fact if that's true.

5) No stickers in the Japanese set.

Ed
ed@wente.llnl.gov