Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Is there so much hate for the ones we love?

From: katefans@chinet.chi.il.us (Chris n Vickie)
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1991 11:48:00 -0700
Subject: Is there so much hate for the ones we love?
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

Vickie here.

Cynthia of BigSky writes:

>> As for the Kate/Catherine thing, the  whole "Catherine"
>> supposition is darn near too presumptuous, and not to mention
>> sycophantic, to even believe an adult could come up with it.
>> It sounds like the musings of an adolescent who's idol didn't
>> do as well as he/she had hoped, so he/she rationalizes the
>> idol's performance with some ridiculous hyperbole.  I mean,
>> come on, at least deal in _reality_, huh?  I damn near busted
>> an eyesocket from rolling 'em so hard on that one!  Well,
>> everybody's got an opinion, and that was mine.

Jorn responds:

> Don't you have any grasp that people have feelings and say things
> sincerely from the heart?

It would seem not.

> Why do I even try to communicate if little twerps like you are gonna
> feel you can dump on me that way?

Yeah Jorn, I know what you mean. I have decided to quit writing about
how much I love Kate. Why pour your heart out when it will just get
dumped on? Stick to facts and figures (though those have been attacked
recently too) questions and comments, news and information. It's very
fashionable to be cynical and anti-hero nowadays I guess. How sad.
Some people mistake genuine affection and admiration for "slobbering."

E-mail me when you have something heart-felt to say though. I'll do the
same for you, Jorn. Or post to Ecto. I care.

Vickie
katefans@chinet.chi.il.us

ps, now watch out for all the "oh poor things, can't take a little
critisism?" posts.