Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Cynthia's comment

From: brownfld@rcnext.cso.uiuc.edu (Kenneth R Brownfield)
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1991 11:43:08 -0700
Subject: Cynthia's comment
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com
State_Of_Sanity: Not applicable.

Jorn writes:
>In article <T2qF01w164w@bsbbs.UUCP> Cynthia of BigSky writes:
>> As for the Kate/Catherine thing, the  whole "Catherine"
>> supposition is darn near too presumptuous, and not to mention
[chop]
>> an eyesocket from rolling 'em so hard on that one!  Well,
>> everybody's got an opinion, and that was mine.  Party on,
>> and on an unrelated note, PLEASE, neuter your pets!

     I'd like to see your Masters in Psychology, I really would.

     You have no right to believe what you believe.

     Now, stop and see what you're thinking.  Put yourself in Jorn's shoes and
tell me that anyone really has the right to opinionate or in any way
compromise what someone believes.  Dammit, all the world needs is people
running around simplifying and ridiculing inner thoughts and beliefs.  If
sharing personal thoughts weren't so damned taboo in this country, and to a
varying extent the world, I think we'd all be a lot happier and closer.  You
can disagree, but telling someone that their inner feelings are bad or wrong
and defiling someone's character because of that, tells me a great deal about
the strength of _your_ character.
     If you can't share and accept your feelings and everything else that's
inside you, why snap at those who can?  What in _the_ hell do think Kate's
music and this group of wonderful people is all about, anyway?  What do you
think humans are about?  Trust me, it's your loss.
     I can't help but notice that your unrelated note was about as constructive
as your entire argument.  Face it, when blindly asking a group of people to
neuter their pets is about as worthwhile as your argument, you may want to add
some filler.  It all comes down to one thing: beliefs aren't opinions.  I
believe what I believe, period.  Jorn is not different.
     I personally disagree on some of Jorn's points, but it doesn't mean he's
wrong.  _Nothing_ means his feelings are wrong.

>Seriously, this wounds me to the point of wishing you'd curl up
>and blow away.  Why do I even try to communicate if little twerps
>like you are gonna feel you can dump on me that way?

     Look at it this way.  If they can't understand it, they're already curled
up and blown away in the first place.  It merely saves you the trouble.

                                                        Ken.
						 brownfld@uiuc.edu