Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Cynthia's comment

From: boris%monsoon.Berkeley.EDU@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU (Boris Chen)
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1991 16:22:17 -0700
Subject: Re: Cynthia's comment
To: <love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet%agate.Berkeley.EDU@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU (USENET Administrator)

In article <9110111843.AA00659@rcnext.cso.uiuc.edu.cso.uiuc.edu> brownfld@rcnext.cso.uiuc.EDU (Kenneth R Brownfield) writes:
>Jorn writes:
>>In article <T2qF01w164w@bsbbs.UUCP> Cynthia of BigSky writes:
>>> As for the Kate/Catherine thing, the  whole "Catherine"
>>> supposition is darn near too presumptuous, and not to mention
>[chop]
>
>     I'd like to see your Masters in Psychology, I really would.
>
>     You have no right to believe what you believe.

I hope this is a joke.

>     Now, stop and see what you're thinking.  Put yourself in Jorn's shoes and
>tell me that anyone really has the right to opinionate or in any way
>compromise what someone believes.  Dammit, all the world needs is people
>[CUT]
>     I can't help but notice that your unrelated note was about as constructive
>as your entire argument.  Face it, when blindly asking a group of people to
>neuter their pets is about as worthwhile as your argument, you may want to add

As I see it, there's no arguement being made. She just thought the whole
"Catherine" postulate was silly. If you read the post again, I am sure
that a person saying "Oh Brother, give me a break," is not beyond
reason.
As long as you are advocating being constructive, you should try
practicing what you preach.

>>Seriously, this wounds me to the point of wishing you'd curl up
>>and blow away.  Why do I even try to communicate if little twerps
>>like you are gonna feel you can dump on me that way?

I don't think it was anything personal. Take it easy. Listen to Ken. (the
song, I mean). (nothing personal Ken)

--boris