Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Boxed set question....

From: larry@csccat.cs.com (Larry Spence)
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1991 12:51:47 -0700
Subject: Re: Boxed set question....
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <91Oct11.094929pdt.436504@wiretap.Spies.COM> lester@gandalf.etdesg.TRW.COM (Jeffrey A. Lester) writes:

>I'm getting mine from a store called "Round Records" in Redondo Beach, CA. This
>guy Ed who owns the place has gotten me lots of import stuff before. He says
>he probably can't get the U.K. version anymore and the Japanese version is
>going to cost me ~$140. I ordered it 2 weeks ago but it's not in yet.

What's this about "can't get the UK version anymore?"  I thought that the box
was _not_ supposed to be a limited edition item.  I'm certainly going to put
off buying the thing as long as possible, just in case they release the two
b-sides discs separately.  So is this just a burp in the distribution pipeline,
or is the thing going out of print?  The idea of paying $140+ for two discs
(that I want and don't have already)... I hope the Cocteau Twins box isn't as
big a scam. %(

--
Larry Spence
larry@csccat.cs.com