Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Concrete Blonde

From: ml@vcp1.vcp.monash.edu.au
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 1991 19:21:57 -0700
Subject: Re: Concrete Blonde
To: <love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@monu0.cc.monash.edu.au (Usenet system)

G'day,

In article <91Sep27.100626pdt.436280@wiretap.Spies.COM>, lester@gandalf.etdesg.TRW.COM (Jeffrey A. Lester) writes:

   [ lots of stuff deleted...]

> called "I Want You" that is unfortunately kind of weak. If you can find the CD
> single for "Caroline" (the U.S. version anyway), it includes a couple of live
> cuts ("Roses Grow", "Tomorrow, Wendy", and "The Sky is A Poisonous Garden" if I
> remember correctly) and a studio version of Jimi Hendrix' "Little Wing."
> Essential for any CB fan.

In Australia, there was a special limited edition of 'Bloodletting' which had
four additional live recordings:  'God is a bullet', 'The Sky is a Poisonous
Garden', 'Roses Grow' and 'Tomorrow, Wendy'.  I don't know if this the same
recordings from the above mentioned 'Caroline' single.  I don't think this
edition is available any more.  Anyway, the performances are great, especially
TSIAPG.

CB are the third artist I have heard that performs 'Little Wing'.  The others
are Sting (a very good version, I like it!) and, of course Jimmy!!

> -Jeff Lester

Thanks Jeff, that information was very useful.

Cheers,
Mik.

* Mik Lipcsey, Computer Systems Officer,      * I am home, I know the way,  *
* Victorian College of Pharmacy, Monash Uni., * I am home, feeling oh, so   *
* 381 Royal Parade, Parkville, Australia.     *    far away...              *
* Aarnet:  ml@vcp1.vcp.monash.edu.au          *       Enya & Roma Ryan:     *
* 'Open the Pod Bay Door, please, HAL'        *   'Evening Falls...' (1988) *

Come on, November...