Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Horses

From: gb10@gte.com (Gregory Bossert)
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 1991 18:55:02 -0700
Subject: Re: Horses
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

Vishal says:
> [...] may I also suggest Patti Smith.  I discovered
> her recently and only heard one of her CDs (Horses), but
> I am in love already!!

hmm, seems to be a good time to rereremention that the song
"Birdland" from Ms. Smith's _Horses_ was inspired by Peter
Reich's _A Book of Dreams_.  The copy of _ABoD_ i borrowed
from Mark Semich at KaTemas and *still* haven't returned
(the Obelisk edition with KaTe on the cover...) lists
John Lennon as also being inspired... anyone know if he wrote
a song about it?

in the mood to mess your head around, try listening to
"Cloudbusting" and "Birdland" consecutively...

and while we are on the subject of Reich-inspired music, let us
not forget Hawkwind's "Orgone Accumulator"!!!!!!

-greg -- gb10@gte.com -- quark, strangeness, and charm!