Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Concrete Blonde

From: lester@gandalf.etdesg.TRW.COM (Jeffrey A. Lester)
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 1991 12:47:53 -0700
Subject: Re: Concrete Blonde
To: Love-Hounds@wiretap.spies.com
Illegal-Object: Syntax error in Message-Id: value found on wiretap.Spies.COM:Message-Id: <9109291947.AA04151@gandalf.> ^-illegal subdomain in domain

Just a few more comments on Concrete Blonde:

I looked at the _Echo Park_ soundtrack this morning and discovered 2 things:

1) It was realeased in 1986 (CB's 1st album came out in '86).

2) Johnette recorded the song "Tomorrow's Gonna Be" with a group of musicians
who also were the backing band for some of the other singers on the album. This
implies a group of studio musicians and would explain why the song was not
done as Concrete Blonde.

I also just recalled that 2 CB songs appeared in the movie _Texas Chainsaw
Massacre 2_. The songs were "Your Haunted Head" and "Over Your Shoulder"
(somewhat appropriate). Again, if anyone is interested, I have a couple
of live tapes and an interview that I would be willing to trade.

ObKT: I put in order for This Woman's Work. The guy said the English version
was pretty hard to get now and that I would probably get the Japanese version
for $140.

-Jeff Lester