Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Concrete Blonde

From: tabn3@isuvax.iastate.edu
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 1991 08:09:59 -0700
Subject: Re: Concrete Blonde
To: <love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@news.iastate.edu (USENET News System)

In article <m0kPqEF-00025aC@chinet.chi.il.us>, katefans@chinet.chi.il.us (Chris n Vickie) writes:
>One of my favorite Johnette Napolitano songs isn't even on a Concrete
>Blonde album. It's the song "Tomorrow's Gonna Be" from the soundtrack
>album from the film "Echo Park." Has anyone else heard that? If it's
>already been mentioned, I missed it. It's a great song. She's credited
>as Johnette, not as Concrete Blonde. Don't know the story behind it.
>Anyone know anything else she's done as "Johnette"?

     Well, I don't know how many people already know this or not, but Johnette
sang with Paul Westerberg on The Replacements album _All_Shook_Down_ in the
song "My Little Problem".  Her voice was an excellent complement to Paul's in
the song; it was as though the song was tailor-made for those two to sing
together on it.  They sounded great together.

--Dan M.