Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

k.d.lang

From: larryy@Apple.COM (Larry Yaeger)
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 1991 03:44:21 -0700
Subject: k.d.lang
To: rec-music-gaffa@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

No KaTe content this time, but I'm pretty sure there are a lot of other
folks out there that also enjoy k.d.lang, so I thought I'd mention that
there is a new laserdisc collection of her videos just out.  Stumbled
across it by accident the other night, and bought it immediately.  It's
great!

About 60 minutes of material.   20 songs, including both early rare stuff
and more recent works.  Plus her short but delightful acceptance speech
at the Canadian equivalent of the Grammies.  k.d. introduces all the songs
with her quirky, dry wit and always-up-front attitude.

Songs include "Pine & Stew", "Hanky Panky", "Don't Be a Lemming Polka",
"Turn Me Round", "Crying", "Trail of Broken Hearts", and "Pullin' Back
the Reins".  Really wonderful stuff.

Disc is titled "k.d.lang Harvest of Seven Years (Cropped and Chronicled)".
It's on Warner Reprise Video label.
--
-larryy@apple.com

"The enemy will be revealed under infrared rays detecting with varied sounds
while 8 sorts of weapon fire." - Taiwanese Laser Pistol Key Chain instruction