Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: That Billboard (Round Two)

From: lishka@cernvax.cern.ch (christopher lishka)
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1991 00:51:07 -0700
Subject: Re: That Billboard (Round Two)
To: rec-music-gaffa@cernvax.cern.ch
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In <91Sep25.164116pdt.436279@wiretap.Spies.COM> MTARR@EAGLE.WESLEYAN.EDU writes:

>Hi!

Hello!

>Thought that might make you feel better, Chris!  If you can pick up a
>Programm 3 station (this was in the German-speaking part of
>Switzerland, but the country isn't *that* big), check it out!  :)

I think I know which one you mean.  My wife and I have found a really
good "alternative" music station here which seems to be called
"couleur troi" (three colours).  It sounds like program 3 is also
coleur troi.  It is easily the best radio station I have heard in
years.

I believe I have heard a Kate song in the past few weeks.  The mixture
of music is really good and ranges from English reggae (Steel Pulse,
and some band that does a really hip tune with the phrase "dangerous
ragamuffin" in it) to South African rock (Johnny Clegg & Savuka) to
funk (Prince ["Twenty-two positions in a one nighst stand"] and a good
dance-funk show on Saturday nights) to alternative (Kate Bush, World
Party, French folk, folk-rock, etc.).

Although the concert scene around here is a bit lame (with the
exception of the Nyon Rock Festival and, of course, the Montreux Jazz
Festival), this radio station is one of the best.

Switzerland is certainly small, but it sure seems to have a high ratio
of beautiful-scenery-to-country-size.  Then again, the scenery in this
part of France (on the Swiss border) is beautiful too.  I can't wait
to see what the rest of Europe looks like!

If any of you KB people are around these parts (Geneva), look me up at
CERN!

						.oO Chris Oo.
--
 Christopher Lishka                  Smiling as the shit comes down
 Wisconsin Group, CERN               You can tell a man from what he has to say