Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

That Billboard (Round Two)

From: MTARR@EAGLE.WESLEYAN.EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 1991 12:41:12 -0700
Subject: That Billboard (Round Two)
To: LOVE-HOUNDS@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM

Hi!

I tried to post this last night, but somewhere along the line the system burped
and you all got a bunch of senseless something-or-other.  Let's try this again
now, shall we?  :)

> From: lishka@cernvax.cern.ch (christopher lishka)

>>Well, I'm going back to those places soon, if I find it again I'll try to
>>remember where it is...

> Post it if you find it.

Whoops- should've made myself clearer there.  That was my friend talking, not
me!  If I had found it, believe me, you all would've known, and I'd have
pictures for proof!

> Has she played in Europe recently at all?  Does anyone know anything
> about a European tour?  I have never seen her in concert, and would
> jump at any opportunity to.  Unfortunately, the alternative music
> scene around Geneva isn't too great (the Swiss aren't into that kind
> of music, I guess).

KaTe's last live performance was... well, if you want to stretch it a bit, the
little song she sang (to the tune of "My Lagan Love") at the KonvenTion last
November 17th.  At the same Kon she announced plans "to play a few shows at the
end of next year", meaning '91, which of course haven't surfaced- but, in true
KaTe fashion, plans seem to be put off, and will happen sometime... and in true
KaTefan fashion, we're anxiously awaiting news!  :)

Incidentally, if you, Chris (or anyone else who may ever be in the area) can
pick it up, Switzerland's state-run radio Programm 3 plays lots of
"alternative" music, or did when I was there in January.  On New Year's Day
they did a show of "The 350 best songs of all time", which was of course QUITE
subjective, but apparently compiled by listener response.  I heard lots of
KaTe, Pink Floyd, Franz Zappa, Bowie, OMD, even some Cocteau Twins... it was
way cool, especially since I hadn't heard that sort of thing on the radio in
months!!!  Also while I was in the listening area, they played "Iceblink Luck"
to death and other neat-o things you just wouldn't expect to hear on a
state-run radio station...

Thought that might make you feel better, Chris!  If you can pick up a Programm
3 station (this was in the German-speaking part of Switzerland, but the country
isn't *that* big), check it out!  :)

Meredith Tarr			"Oh yes I know I'm always falling,
mtarr@eagle.wesleyan.edu	 Gazing at hazy goldfish in your swimming eyes"
Wesleyan University						-Kate Bush