Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Big Sky question

From: katefans@chinet.chi.il.us (Chris n Vickie)
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1991 00:55:00 -0700
Subject: The Big Sky question
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

Has anyone ever seen John Wayne's movie _The Big Sky_? Since bits of
"Waking The Witch" were inspired by John Wayne's film _Wake of the Red
Witch_, I'm wondering if she's a closet John Wayne fan.

I forgot to mention that I really love the concept of "The Big Sky" er,
just the act of looking up to notice the sky. People don't look up very
much any more. I'll be on the bus or train, staring in wonder at a
magnificent sunset, someone will see me staring and glance out, then
farm and had vast expanses of sky to look at. I love it that Kate wrote
a song about looking up and noticing the clouds in the sky.

Sort of related, we just saw The Fisher King (loved it!) and I laughed
at the part where Jeff Bridges' character says "thank God no one ever
looks up in New York" because it's so true. I love architectual details,
so I'm always looking up at buildings, but very few people do.

Did anyone else notice that when Robin & Jeff's characters are in the
park, Perry (Robin) says he's going to go "Cloudbusting"?

Terry & Kate are friends....hmmm....

Vickie