Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Big Sky question

From: jeffy@lewhoosh.umd.edu (Jeffrey C. Burka)
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1991 15:10:54 -0700
Subject: Re: The Big Sky question
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Vickie writes:

>I forgot to mention that I really love the concept of "The Big Sky" er,
>just the act of looking up to notice the sky. People don't look up very
>much any more.

Best watch who your generalizations blanket...I'm a kiter and tend to spend
most of my time looking at the sky!  I have a feeling I'm a lot like you--
I'm always the one to point out interesting clouds/colors/etc. to friends.

>Did anyone else notice that when Robin & Jeff's characters are in the
>park, Perry (Robin) says he's going to go "Cloudbusting"?

I got lots of stares in the theater yesterday when I saw _The Fisher King_
'cause I cracked up when Perry made the cloudbusting comment...
(I also got some stares for laughing at the _Brazil_ poster on the wall
in one scene).

Jeff
(whose kites often force people to look at the sky...;-)
--
|Jeffrey C. Burka                | "At night they're seen                 |
|                                |  Laughing, loving, 	                  |