Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: Graham Roger Dombkins <graham@cs.uow.edu.au>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 1991 00:41:30 -0800
To: rec-music-gaffa@munnari.oz.au

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: graham@cs.uow.edu.au (Graham Roger Dombkins)
Subject: KaTemas DownUnder
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 91 08:41:24 GMT

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Hi ho,

   Well unless we miss our guess we were the first KaTemas party. We have just
spent a nice arvo eating, drinking, lissening to KT (hhhmmmm) reading gaffa
( It's cold out here ) and just generally having a good time. I hope the rest
of the street enjoys KT ( who wouldn't :-) since its been blaring out to our
BBQ all afternoon.

   John will see the Sensual Video for the first time tonight as we sit around
Stephen lounge with the fire and toast spuds and just generally enjoy the
evening.

   So how were the rest of the parties? We had a small but very satisfying
time here in slightly windy Wollongong. We have sipped beer & mead (and coke)
we have nibbled on garlic bread, as well as Lebanese Bread with Homous and
roasted yams. Along with these fine culinary delights, we delighted our ears
with all sorts of KaTe aesoterica. We are trying to write this letter in a
tag-team style (this is Stephen writing at present!) Go for it John!

	G'day All,
	John here finally after a little disaster where Graham tripped over the
modem cable! (opps - Graham) Anyhow, here we are (Graham just stepped over tmodem cable - twice with care - onya Gra) and KaTe is, well as always, IS.
Graham and Stephen have pretty much said it all. The culinary delights were well
- delightful - what can I say?! Now we're munching on peanuts. Oops I just
dropped one and can't find the bloody thing. Tagged by Graham! Bye!

   Well have you ever read tag-team e-mail before?? You must think that we
are pissed half out of our minds! At the moment Stephen has just put on the
Filthy Lucre Remix version of Treaty by Yothu Yindi, shit hot.. any way back
to KT things. I know what she said at the KonvenTion but when do you think we
really will see the next album? What will the new sounds be?? What sort of
new instruments has Paddy been looking into lately ( thats normally a good
indecator ), my spelling is getting worse :-) back to you Stephen...

	Well, I for one AM half-pissed. I've been celebrating KaTemas since
about 1 PM this arvo. Black beer is lovely stuff! As the afternoon and
evening wanders on, our ability to make coherent comment diminishes. (Graham
says that that was very coherent of me ;-) In honour of the mother-queen-witch-
goddess, we played Nerf-Ball, ate peanuts in the shell and stood around,
singing along with KaTe. However, this arvo had to be one of the most
relaxing afternoons in a looooong time. The creative abilities of KT and
the inspiration that such music embodies was enough to soothe the most
troubled soul. So, I'll cut off this waxing lyrical-style crap. I hereby
tag Johnny-who-is-good again! Take it away m'man.

	Yo Bro! I not so much as pissed but pissed off, I've just finished
a bottle of mead and I'm not even tipsy, (thats what he says - Graham). This
Yothu Yindi music is cooooool! Sorry I' know this is meant to be a KaTemas party
but hey good music is good music (That's a tautology) and we all don't need to
be reminded as to how bloody brilliant her Goddesship is - now do we!? Hang on
a sec I'm reaching over to grab another peanut! (Graham sneaks a word in while
he is eating :-) Ta much mush! Yes that was a particularly good peanut! Tag
Graham is coming back on!

   Hey I think we had better send this off before we start talking about the
grass or something. (Graham has just been molested by Stephen trying to get
him off the terminal - Your friendly commentator - John)

	John! How dare you call my Mac a terminal. Mate, your electric guitar's
just a friggin ukalele (Is that right Steve (yep thats right - Graham)  Mate
- sarcasm mode off) And they're bloody rude too! Anyway, we're about to
start the fireplace going, watch the Sensual video and burn some virgins.
See yas.

later dudes...

Cop ya Later!

    KaTemas Australia 1991 signing off

- Graham "How did this message lose control?"
- John "Jigging along with the fiddle ooh Johnny" - Kate Bush.
- Stephen "The first time that I died was in the arms of good friends of mine"