Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: Ken.Saintjohn@samba.acs.unc.edu
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 1991 13:36:21 -0800
To: Love-Hounds@eddie.mit.edu

Vickie writes:

>Ken.Saintjohn writes re Richard's suggestion re Jane Siberry:

Jan Siberry???  Sorry I have not yet had the pleasure of hearing one
of Ms.Siberry's records or CDs.  Why would I make such a comment in
regards to her?  Guess again.

>You can send us back that "Infant Kiss" video.

I would be glad to oblige you however most regrettably and
unintentionally I must have recorded over it at some point, my loss.

>Like or dislike, can't you and Richard show some respect for an
>obviously talented, dedicated female solo artist trying to make decent
>music in this male-dominated world?

You forgot something, that should read:

 "For an artist _I_ find obviously talented"

I most certainly can't speak for Richard (by the way I have no idea
how he ended up in this fray, my original post was not to him, reread
the post.) but I know for a fact that a quick scan of my record, CD,
LaserDisc and video collection will show a definite lean towards the
female artist.  Is this an indication of love, respect & appreciation?
Probably not, most likely I'm simply exploiting them for there looks
and talents thus being totally disrespectful (ya right).  Thanks for
the suggestion Vicki but I'll continue to respect and support those
_I_ find worthy of my respect and refused to be bullied by those
pompous (your word) few who deemed themselfs to be "artistically
correct".

>Frisbees upside your head, you pompous hypocrite!

Lets talk about "hypocrite".  I once stated here that I would not
accept a Happy CD if it were a gift.  After reading post after post
after post after POST from you in regards to Happy and noting your
genuine sincerity I decided to forgo my pledge and in fact accept a
Happy CD as a gift from a fellow LoveHounder.  I was to say the least
not impressed with the CD and gave it to someone else.  Next?

Frisbee upside my head?  Only if I completely misjudge the trajectory
and velocity :) Really Vicky, name calling?

                                    Ken SaintJohn
                               Ken.Saintjohn@bbs.oit.unc.edu
                 "I think quotes are very dangerous things!" KaTe Bush...