Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: front row or die

From: brownfld@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Kenneth R Brownfield)
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1991 02:01:35 -0800
Subject: Re: front row or die
To: <love-hounds@HAYES.IMS.ALASKA.EDU>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

gb10@gte.COM (Gregory Bossert) writes:
>IED enlightens the disciples:
>>    About the concert-ticket-buying problem, IED consulted with a couple
>> of hardened dealers in the L.A. area, and both told him that, alas! there
>> really doesn't seem to be any good way of ensuring the snaring of decent
>> tickets. One's best bet, apparently, is still to wait in line (or stake
>> out the area from a legal distance) hours to days ahead of box-office
>> sale-time. IED may be getting too old for that sort of thing--unless
>> some of us could get organized and arrange to alternate graveyard shifts,
>> etc...?
>the best bet is to get on the venue's guest list, but you need press
>status, a connection with the record company, or a hefty bribe to do
>this...
>obviously, i would be deleriously happy even in the back row at a KaTe
>KoncerT, but if we could get an 'in' in at least one city, and get a block
>of really good seats, you *know* i'd be there come hell or high water...

     Maybe KaTe will play in a University Town, where students sometimes have
the first "go" at Kate tickets (usually a lottery, but it all comes _before_
the public).  Although this is doubtful, maybe us poor college students can
do some good.  ;-)

>footah!
>-greg -- gb10@gte.com --
>	"a woman drew her long black hair out tight
>	 and fiddled whisper music on those strings
>	 and bats with baby faces in the violet light
>	 whistled, and beat their wings" -- T.S. Eliot

               ^^^^^ where from?

--
                                                        Ken.
Kenneth R. Brownfield                            brownfld@uiuc.edu