Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: front row or die

From: gb10@gte.com (Gregory Bossert)
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1991 06:49:23 -0800
Subject: Re: front row or die
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

in a scum and squid enriched orgy of arbitrary satire, Richard Caldwell says:
> [oh, what the hey, you saw the original post...]

i read this post on a new DEC monitor with the latest custom modified
version of DECterm, and i noticed that the signal-to-noise ration and
distortion in this post is much higher than Richard's previous works.
is this something in the posting process, or just sloppy text-entry
procedures?  maybe it's due to the more complicated metaphorical structures
and extra rewrites he's doing...  i sure, as usual, that the UK versions
of this post were of a much higher quality.

BTW, <oh no, he's going to say it!> all this talk of squid reminds <oh,
i can't look -- tell me when it's over> me:  i *liked* Madonna's
"Truth or Dare" movie.  <that's done it;  we'll have to change our name
now...>  i was suprised, even astounded, by the quality of her live
performances (first time i've ever heard her really sing... something she
seems to avoid on her albums), and i enjoyed her post-main-stream
psycho-executive attitude off-stage.  for all the sex, there was refreshingly
little sexism (but then, i thought "Thelma and Louise" went easy on the
guys...)

hmmm, where did i put that bizarre T.S.E. quote... oh, yeah:

footah!
-greg -- gb10@gte.com --
	"I decided that if the shaking of her breasts could be stopped,
	 some of the fragments of the afternon might be collected,
	 and I concentrated my attention with careful subtlety
	 to this end." -- T.S. Eliot