Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate's school & Katemas

From: Geoff Clare <gwc@root.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1991 07:34:51 -0800
Subject: Re: Kate's school & Katemas
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu, sre017@cck.coventry.ac.uk
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

sre017@cck.cov.ac.UK (Andy Semple) writes:

>Sorry to be picky but Kate didn't attend a grammar school,she attended
>a private convent school. Hence her parents paid for her education,

Do you have any supporting evidence for this?  I'm quite willing to
believe that St. Joseph's Senior School, Bexley was a convent school, but
where do you get your information that it was private rather than state
funded?  The only convent school I am familiar with (St. Bernard's in
Southend-on-Sea) was a grammar school at the time when Kate was at school.

>usually a grammar school
>operates on an entrance exam, if you pass this you don't pay.

This is nonsense.  The only requirement for attending grammar school was
that you pass the standard 11+ exam which everyone took at age 11, and
I've never heard of a grammar school that accepted paying students.  In
fact it would probably have been illegal for them to do so.

--
Geoff Clare <gwc@root.co.uk>  (Dumb American mailers: ...!uunet!root.co.uk!gwc)
UniSoft Limited, London, England.   Tel: +44 71 729 3773   Fax: +44 71 729 3273