Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate's school & Katemas

From: ***SEMPSY*** <sre017%cck.cov.ac.uk@mitvma.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1991 04:43:31 -0800
Subject: Kate's school & Katemas
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

Sorry to be picky but Kate didn't attend a grammar school,she attended a private
convent school.Hence her parents paid for her education,usually a grammar school
operates on an entrance exam, if you pass this you don't pay.Also Mock exams
are taken in December/January before the final exams in June.I suspect that
Kate took her Lower Sixth exams before she left in July 1975, not her mocks
because she wouldn't have covered enough of the syllabus to justify them being
mocks of the final exams.
Regarding Katemas in the U.K.:-
Are there anybody who can host one in the UK, the numbers are likely to be small
anyway,as most of the love-hounds are students over here and are off the
computers over the summer.Unfortunately I can't host one personally as I said
several weeks ago, but I'm prepared to give help.
                  Andy Semple    sre017@uk.ac.cov.cck
P.S Apparently the Elton John Tribute album has been talked about again in the
music mags in the UK.It is intended for possible release later this year,and
something was mentioned about a TV programme as well.