Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Sensual World Videos

From: graham@UG.CS.DAL.CA (Michael Graham)
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 1991 23:43:16 -0300
Subject: Re: The Sensual World Videos
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@cs.dal.ca (USENET News)

What am I doing here? I have a major math test in 10 hrs and I need to study!
I guess when I weigh Kate and Linear Algebra on the interest scale it leans
towards Kate (surprise, surprise)
anyway...

Love and Anger - I *love* this video. It is perfect. Kate showered in gold...
and then seemingly in ecstacy on stage (look at her smile while she is
letting loose). Then the gold thrown into your face with a "yeah!" I love it!
In the interview, or *an* interview she says that she doesn't really know
what the song is about, so the video is pretty ambiguous.

The Sensual World - I *love* this video. It is perfect  :)   well it's true.
 seeing her in that beautiful velvet dress - wow  mmmm yes...She is stunning.

This Woman's Work - see above. One of her most beautiful songs. It was written
 for She's Having a Baby, but the video gives a different interpretation. The
 dinner - car - ambulance sequence is really moving. Tim McInnerey (sp?) does
 a great job portraying the man (You would know him from Black Adder. He
 played Lord Percy in I and II and a colonel or something in IV). (Kate has
 also used Hugh Laurie from BA...Im waiting to see Baldrick in a future video
 :)

I consider these videos to be among her very best.
The other of a few collections is called just called "The Whole Story".
It has all the videos from TWS + The Big Sky. It's a must see/have.
The Wow video is a great montage of scenes from Hammersmith ending with *that
smile* at the end of Lionheart....swoon.

well I HAVE to go

mike