Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Sensual World Videos

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward J. Suranyi)
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 91 19:06:03 PDT
Subject: Re: The Sensual World Videos
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <m0jRC44-00014CC@coyote.datalog.com> you write:
>  I really liked the format in which a few words by KaTe precede each video.
>This is the first time I've really seen KaTe on film, and I was rather
>impressed.

This is from the half-hour VH-1 special that was cablecast (is that a
word?) for the first time in December, 1989.  For American TV it's
quite a nice piece.

>  Anyway- while I greatly enjoyed the video for "Love and Anger", as of yet
>I don't find anything truly outstanding about it. Am I missing something?
[. . .]
>  As to the "Sensual World" video- WOW! It was stunning!

You should be pleased to hear that in style "The Sensual World" is
much more like her previous videos than "Love And Anger".  In
fact, she probably made the latter specifically for the American
market, since that was the first single CBS wanted to use.

>  Anyway- thanks to all of you who suggested I obtain KaTe on video. Until
>now, except for a few brief seconds of part of the "Running Up That Hill"
>video, this is the first time I've experience KaTe on film. I'm entranced!

>                                    judi

Yes, you absolutely must get _The Whole Story_ video.  I can't
possibly stress this enough.  It contains 13 videos, including
such incomparable masterpieces as "Cloudbusting", "Running Up
That Hill", "Hounds Of Love", "Breathing" . . . hell, they're
ALL masterpieces!  It seems to be a little hard to find, but
it is still in print so if need be you can order it.  It shouldn't
cost more than about $20, and is worth EVERY PENNY!