Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: GLC

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward J. Suranyi)
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 91 09:00:51 PST
Subject: Re: GLC
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>Well, the Comic Strip is still in production.  Back in _real_ early '90,
>there were two Comic Strips that featured KaTe in some way.  The first was
>"G.L.C." (greater london council)
[. . .]
> For this
>film, KaTe did the soundtrack.  I'm not sure how much music she did, but
>there were at least two "songs" ("Ken" and "The Confrontation" (the latter
>of which is available on the British "Love and Anger" single)), and I
>think I remember hearing that "Cloudbusting" or maybe it was some other
>HoL song was played in the background at one point.

Kate did ALL of the music for this half-hour episode!
All the B-sides for Love and Anger":  "Ken", "The Confrontation",
and "One Last Look Around the House Before We Go" are from this film.
In addition, there are a couple of other short instrumental pieces
that are unmistakably Kate, but which have never been recorded.  In
particular a lovely choral piece near the end.  Also, it's "Running
Up That Hill" that is played in the background of a bar scene.

>In an episode a few weeks later, KaTe actually had an acting role.

This was called "Les Dogs", and featured Kate as a bride in a truly
weird, but funny, surrealistic tale.  Kate doesn't actually appear until
about ten minutes go by, and she doesn't say anything for another ten
minutes.  Actually, she doesn't have many lines at all.  But she looks
more stunningly beautiful than I've ever seen her!

>Unfortunately, to my knowledge these have only been broadcast in the UK
>(not that my knowledge is far-reaching; I have no clue... ;-), and therefore
>in PAL format.
>So...*has* anybody converted either of these to NTSC?  Are there copies
>floating around?  Will someone make me a copy of either??  :-)/2

Yes, they've been coverted to NTSC quite a while ago.  How else could
I have obtained copies? :-)  As for copies -- well, I'm sure this
will start a deluge of requests, so I'll tell you what:  If you send
me a blank videotape along with self-addressed packaging capable of
carrying it, with appropriate postage affixed to it, I'll make you
copies.  Naturally, I want to make this as easy for myself as possible!
As a bonus, you'll get the Rapido interview from the fall of 1989 on BBC.

My address:

Edward Suranyi
3550 Pacific Ave. #312
Livermore, CA  94550