Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Dylan and Kate fans

From: nbc@inf.rl.ac.uk
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 91 16:35:18 GMT-0:00
Subject: Dylan and Kate fans

>From: <GREINER@UCLASTRO.BITNET> ...... Wade
>On another note;  I'm not sure how many of you folk know about it
>since I'm the only person I've ever known who is both a big fan of Kate
>Bush and of Bob Dylan, but His Bobness is releasing a three CD set on
>tuesdaycalled _The Bootleg Series Vol. 1-3_ full of previously
>unavailiable out-takes from albums and a few tracks that are basically
>just legitimized bootleg recordings.

Hi, meet another Dylan and Kate freak. Though I must admit my loyalty
to Dylan has waned a bit of late and there are some of his more recent albums
I have not got around to buying - now I get CDs I have to limit my
purchases. Anyway, _The Bootleg Series Vol. 1-3_ looks like a great set.
I hope they make it available at less than full price but I am not too
optimistic.

>I bring this up just because as I was sitting around anticipating
>this item I thought to myself how nice it would have been to have a Kate
>version of something like this.  It made me lament for what _This
>Woman's Work_ could have been.

Yea, I see from an advert that it will be available in a 12" by 12"
box for *all* formats with track by track information and 72 page,
fully illustrated booklet!!! Why oh why couldn't Kate have insisted that
TWW went out like this instead of that tiny booklet with the CD set and
NO track information. We have been over these issues before but this
new Dylan set just rubs it in again (BTW, Dylan fans also got a large
format collection for the Biograph set).

Guess I had better listen to the B-sides etc again to calm me down!

Be seeing you,
	Neil
--
Neil Calton                          UUCP:   ..!mcsun!ukc!rlinf!nbc
Informatics Department,              NSFNET: nbc%inf.rl.ac.uk@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk