Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

london flight bargain

From: Jorn Barger <barger@aristotle.ils.nwu.edu>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 90 10:37:30 CDT
Subject: london flight bargain

i just confirmed with KLM (dutch) for Chicago to London via Amsterdam.  I'm
flying Thursday night and stopping over for 7 hours in Amsterdam
(optional).  Round trip fare... $350 including tax!!!
I got this out of the Sunday Chgo Tribune travel section-- "Fly World
Travel" at 312-728-9495 or 1-800-628-3222.  You have to finalize one month
in advance so the deal closes soon.
When I called KLM direct they didn't quote anything near this low so I'm
kinda pleased at my luck.

I'll be returning Thanksgiving day-- this price requires a 7-day stay.
Vickie, how much is that hostel?  That or a B&B sounds best.  Anybody want
to share a B&B?
Also, I'll be setting down in London Friday evening... if anyone wants me
to scout out a cheap neighborhood B&B I expect to be able to do that...

Any recommendations for must-sees in Amsterdam?  I'm thinking Van Gogh
Museum...