Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Idioglossia: the language of twins

From: Jeffrey C. Burka <jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 90 11:15:06 -0500
Subject: Re: Idioglossia: the language of twins
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>Really-From: gb10@gte.com (Gregory Bossert)

>Gregory Taylor ends his post:

>> history is an angel/being blown backwards into the future/ and the angel
>> wants to go back and fix things/to repair the things that have been broken
>> /but there is a storm blowing from paradise/and the storm keeps blowing
>> the angel/backwards into the future/and this storm is called progress.
>
>!!!!  Where is this from!!??!! It seems familiar, but maybe I've just seen a
>it is a quote from a song I'd like to track it down...

Yup, it's from a song..._very_ easy to 'track down,' too.

The song is "The Dream Before," by Laurie Anderson, from her most recent
album, _Strange Angels_.

Go buy this album.

Jeff

"Strange angels -- singing just for me
 Old stories -- they're haungint me
 This is nothing
 Like I thought it would be."

--
|Jeffrey C. Burka                | "At night they're seen                 |
|jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu   |  Laughing, loving, 	                  |