Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KT Bush Band from "Q"

From: Chris Ridd <RiddCJ@computer-science.birmingham.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 90 12:20:50 BST
Subject: Re: KT Bush Band from "Q"

I wrote:
+  About the guitar type - the head of the guitar was cropped from the
+page and you can't see the strings clearly (at all, actually).  But
+you can make out the string pickups - there are either 6 or 7 of them
+above the guitarist's hand.  Hope that helps, Ed!

John Quintal <u8706672@wraith.cs.uow.edu.au> wrote:
>	Well yes and no! If you mean the pickups to be 6 or 7 small round
>objects on what seem to be black rectangular objects placed vertically on
>the body of the guitar, then there should be only 6 and that would mean a
>six string guitar. (If there are 7, and I doubt it, then that would mean a
>7 string, yes they do exist but are uncommon.)
>	Here are some pickup types reply to which is most likely:-

>   -----  This is known as
>  | * * | a Humbucker and is
>  | * * | found on Gibson
>  | * * | guitars (eg Jimmy
>  | * * | Page - Led Zeppelin
>  | * * | uses this type
>  | * * | predominantly).
>   -----
>	I assume the "pickups" you talk about are the magnets as described
>above. I don't think there would be 6 or 7 pickups on the guitar!

  *Blush!* Yeah, thats what I meant.  I'm not *too* knowledgeable on
guitars!  Anyway, it looks as though we have the guitar type nailed
down now.

>4> Also Who is holding/playing the guitar?

  I don't know about this one - in fact does anyone know who played in
the KT Bush Band?  I think we all know the singer ;-), but all my
references are pretty vague about the actual band members ('friends of
Paddy' etc).  The guitarist has light hair, not too long.

   Chris

-- Chris Ridd, Computer Science, Birmingham Uni, UK -- RiddCJ@Cs.Bham.Ac.Uk --

"'It's going to look pretty good, then, isn't it,' said War testily, 'the One
Horseman and Three Pedestrians of the Apocralypse.'" - Sourcery