Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: barr roseanne? No, Skin sinead

From: James Smith <CCJS@cc.nu.oz.au>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 90 20:14 +1000
Subject: Re: barr roseanne? No, Skin sinead

From: ccjs@cc.nu.oz.au (James Smith)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Date: 12 Sep 90 20:14:22 +1000

>>P.S.  I personally think the IRA are a pack of murderous bastards who
>>should be taken out and shot, but that's just my opinion.  It certainly
>>doesn't stop me from enjoying her music.

> This is sort of a broad statement, and it prompts me to ask you a few
> questions:
>
> 1)  Do you think all members of the IRA should be shot, or only the ones
> involved in violent actions?  Should they get trials, or is it ok just to
> gun them down in cold blood?

I don't really think anyone should be shot.  This was just my way of
closing with a semihumourous disclaimer.  I guess some people just can't
understand subtlety.

Mind you, the IRA seem to make a habit of gunning down people in cold
blood.  And they don't seem too keen on trials, or making sure they murder
the right victims.  I take it you don't approve of treating them as they
treat others.

If you want to continue this, please use email.

Jim
--
James Smith          | Wherever the French girl with the green eyes
Computing Centre     | passes, nothing remains save wreckage and dead