Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Russian blue flexidisc

From: julian@riacs.edu
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 90 20:37:46 -0700
Subject: Re: The Russian blue flexidisc
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9009060443.AA03190@das.llnl.gov> you write:
" The name of the disc is Poslushaya Muziku, which I think means something
" like "Listen to music".  There are two songs on it, one by Kate.  The
" song is "Babooshka" -- I know, because I've listened to it.  But that's
" not the title shown on the sleeve!  The sleeve says the title is
" "Prokaznitsa", a word I've been unable to find in Russian dictionaries.
" Can anybody tell me what it means?

It's a declension of "prokaz", a prank, or mischief. Prokaznitsa
appears to mean a mischeif maker.