Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate. Because.

From: hsu@eng.umd.edu (Dave "bd" Hsu)
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 90 19:56:40 EDT
Subject: Kate. Because.

Greetings again, fellow love-hounds.

First, regarding Kate's Go West citation, it's "The King is Dead", on the
"Dancing on the Couch" album.  Do not rush to your store for a copy, unless
it's imperative that you complete your Kate collection.

Second, videophile l-h'ers out there should be interested to hear that
the current Sight and Sound catalog lists a forthcoming 8" laserdisc
entitled "Kate Bush: The Sensual World", Image Entertainment catalog
number ID7291CB, list price $19.95, stereo, CX analog and digital
soundtracks.  This will apparently include "The Sensual World",
"Love And Anger", "This Woman's Work", and an interview with Kate
concerning the production of the videos.  The caveat is that Image has
been growing an absurd backlog of titles, so it may be a while before
these arrive.  My order's already in.  I see also that the Japanese
import Live at Hammersmith laserdisc is back in stock.

As for Peter Reich's veracity, let me excerpt from his 1988 preface:

      Some reviewers took the book to task for hedging.  They seemed
   to be saying, "You did a good job of telling us how it felt.  You
   didn't tell us what you thought or think about it all."
      The forty-four-year-old husband and father is a private person
   to whom this all happened a long time ago.  He waits, he watches.
   A critic once said that Wilhelm Reich had grabbed truth by more
   than its tail.  How much more?  Does anybody know?  Does Orgone
   Energy exist?  So, yes, the son is still hedging.

-dave

--
Dave Hsu	 Systems Research Center, Building 115    (301) 454 8867
hsu@eng.umd.edu  The Maryversity of Uniland, College Park, MD 20742-3311