Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: ??????GAFFA??????

From: E Welsh <ecwu59@castle.ed.ac.uk>
Date: 20 Apr 90 10:17:29 GMT
Subject: Re: ??????GAFFA??????
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Source-Info: From (or Sender) name not authenticated.

In article <0640553289@uwovax.uwo.ca> 101_241@uwovax.uwo.ca ("D.   MILLS") writes:
>I tried for years to find out what "GAFFA" was after hearing  the Dreaming.
>I was perusing down the news to see what was interesting and there is that
>word.
>PLEEEESE tell me what it is and I will be forever gratefull (Also just want to
>remind all that Kate is a Vegetarian for ethical reasons- as we all should be)

We had this discussion ad nauseum a few weeks back but I think we
decided that gaffa means gaffer's tape, as KaTe has said herself.
Glad to help there, but go easy on the ramming morals down people's
throats ok. I respect KaTe for being a vegetarian. I respect you
(forgive me if I assume you are) for being a vegetarian. However I also
respect other people's right to choose not to be a vegetarian. I may or
may not be a vegetarian.

>Spokesperson for "The Students for the Ethical Treatment of Animals"

Incidentally I don't respect anyone who carries out inessential
(declines to define) experiments on animals, hunts foxes or drowns
kittens.
Keep up the good work anyway.

Follow-ups by mail please.
|  __                | evan@tardis.ed.ac.uk   |Are you selling your  |