Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Night Scented Stock

From: donley@milton.u.washington.edu (Riken Solo)
Date: 20 Apr 90 07:50:31 GMT
Subject: Re: Night Scented Stock
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <1990Apr20.024159.10157@eddie.mit.edu> henrik@uunet.UU.NET (Larry DeLuca) writes:
>(I believe we're listening to sampled Bush there) - I could see her
>sitting down to noodle at the Fairlight after learning for the
>first time how to sample something into it, and then playing this
>little bit, and then becoming so entranced with it it got stuck on
>the record...
>
>					larry...

I just popped the thing into my CD player and took another close listen
just to make sure... Nah, Night Scented Stock is not a sampled thing,
you can hear the individual voices breathing between notes, and the
lines are much too varied to have been sampled... I think it's just
overdubbed harmony vocals here.

  Erik

--
donley@milton.acs.washington.edu   eo@max.acs.washington.edu

"The answers to life's problems aren't at the bottom of a bottle,
 they're on TV!"  - Homer Simpson