Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Night Scented Stock

From: mailrus!gatech!mit-eddie!eddie.mit.edu!henrik@uunet.UU.NET (Larry DeLuca)
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 90 02:41:59 GMT
Subject: Re: Night Scented Stock
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Well, I think she means "stock" like "soup stock", not "live stock".
The piece, while excellent in its own right, is really just a snippet
of melody from "Blow Away" with a tag - perhaps it was a leftover,
or the first things she played when they brought in the Fairlight
(I believe we're listening to sampled Bush there) - I could see her
sitting down to noodle at the Fairlight after learning for the
first time how to sample something into it, and then playing this
little bit, and then becoming so entranced with it it got stuck on
the record...

					larry...