Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: RarePlay

From: E Welsh <ecwu59@castle.ed.ac.uk>
Date: 13 Apr 90 09:51:59 GMT
Subject: Re: RarePlay
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Source-Info: From (or Sender) name not authenticated.

In article <9004122033.AA00985@gaffa.MIT.EDU> gaffa!jsd (Jon Drukman) writes:
>In article <9004121309.AA01102@njord.cs.cornell.edu> turney@cs.cornell.edu (Jenn Turney) writes:
>>I've never heard any of the alternative mixes (aside from Jon's
>>creations) and I know some of them have agreed-upon names.  For
>>Cloudbusting, the version played adds some echo to Kate's voice towards
>>the beginning.  What's this mix called?
>[Stuff deleted..............]
>Incidentally, while visiting friends in Boston to see The Residents,
>we came up with about 800 appellations for my remix of "Love and
>Anger" most of which were far more amusing than "Southerly Wind Mix."
>My version of RUTH has become known variously as "the chipmunk mix" or
>"katemas 88 mix"... take your pick
>
>>I didn't know what to expect with "Ken".  It's very different, certainly
>>not unpleasantly so.  I want to hear it again!
>
>In the immortal words of |>oug, "`Ken' is bitchin'!"
>
>>Jenn (yes, THE Jenn Turney, thank you Ken Descoteaux)

Which Jenn Turney ? You mean she's famous ...

>as if there could ever be another...

I got yer tape Jon. Thanks muchly. Who was that singing The Sensual
World ? My girlfriend nearly cried when she heard what you did to L&A
but I thought it was great fun.
Good stuff.

Anyone celebrating KaTemas near me this year so I can gatecrash? I
didn't do anything last year. I don't think I'll be able to make Boston.

|  __                | evan@tardis.ed.ac.uk   |Are you selling your  |
| |_     \    /      | ecwu59@castle.ed.ac.uk |soul to a cold gun ?  |
| |__VAN  \/\/ELSH   | ecwu86@ercvax.ed.ac.uk |       Kate Bush.     |
|                    | rew@lfcs.ed.ac.uk      |                      |