Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: RarePlay

From: <jsd@gaffa.MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 90 16:33:33 -0400
Subject: Re: RarePlay
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9004121309.AA01102@njord.cs.cornell.edu> turney@cs.cornell.edu (Jenn Turney) writes:
>I've never heard any of the alternative mixes (aside from Jon's
>creations) and I know some of them have agreed-upon names.  For
>Cloudbusting, the version played adds some echo to Kate's voice towards
>the beginning.  What's this mix called?

That would be the Orgonon Mix.  Identified incorrectly on at least
one release as the Meteorological Mix but don't you believe it.  The
Meteorological Mix is the remix of "The Big Sky" (with all those
quotes about "that cloud looks like richard nixon" etc ad infinitum)

I guess for the record we should mention that the RUTH 12" is called
"extended version", HOL 12" is "alternative hounds", Experiment IV 12"
is "extended version."  There are a few "special single mixes" for
some TSW songs but who really cares...

Incidentally, while visiting friends in Boston to see The Residents,
we came up with about 800 appellations for my remix of "Love and
Anger" most of which were far more amusing than "Southerly Wind Mix."
My version of RUTH has become known variously as "the chipmunk mix" or
"katemas 88 mix"... take your pick

>I didn't know what to expect with "Ken".  It's very different, certainly
>not unpleasantly so.  I want to hear it again!

In the immortal words of |>oug, "`Ken' is bitchin'!"

>Jenn (yes, THE Jenn Turney, thank you Ken Descoteaux)

as if there could ever be another...

+---------------------- Is there any ESCAPE from NOISE? ---------------------+
|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu | ZIK ZAK - We make everything you need, |
| \|on |/rukman | jsd@umass.bitnet  | and you need everything we make.       |