Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Mailbag

From: orion@wpi.wpi.edu (Kenneth G Descoteaux)
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 90 18:15:48 EST
Subject: Re: Mailbag
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9004111858.AA14964@EDDIE.MIT.EDU> IED0DXM@OAC.UCLA.EDU writes:

>   Kate has done a great deal of lip-synching, both in official videos
>and elsewhere: not only in the past, but in the recent _LAA_ and _TSW_.

>-- Andrew Marvick, looking for a clean room at a reasonable rate

I was completely surprised when watching a rented copy of _Kate Bush: Live at
Hammersmith Odeon_ for the first time a month or so ago. (I should have my very
own copy shortly, thanks goto Dave Armstrong for making the arrangements!)

I was watching the show and identifying which songs the various clips in
_WOW_ (v2) had come from. And then it came to _Hammer Horror_ ....
She didn't sing it. She didn't even lip-synch it! Pre-recorded vocals
(& music?) came from the sound-system while KaTe danced/mimed/acted out
the visual element...

Can't say I've ever heard of anyone else using a pre-recorded lead vocal track
at a live concert before! (It was GREAT)

Ken
Ken Descoteaux
orion@wpi.wpi.edu