Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Submission for rec-music-gaffa

From: Boss Tweed <root@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu>
Date: 29 Mar 90 23:11:41 GMT
Subject: Submission for rec-music-gaffa
Responding-System: iuvax.cs.indiana.edu

From: jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Jeffrey C. Burka)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: What's "gaffa"? Well, it's NOT gaffer's tape!
Date: 29 Mar 90 23:11:40 GMT
Sender: root@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu

In article <9003292227.AA06227@gaffa.MIT.EDU> gaffa!jsd@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU (Jon Drukman) writes:

>>From: jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Jeffrey C. Burka)
>>  [stuff about what I imagine when I hear SIG]
>
>  [a scene from the SIG video]
>Quite a coincidence, wouldn't you say?

That's kinda neat; I've never seen any of KaTe's videos besides L&A,
TSW, the few clips in The Sensual World of Kate Bush, and...happy, happy
me...I came home from work late one sunday night last summer and plopped
down in front of the TV to relax a bit before bed...I turned on VH-1,
which was in the middle of what used to be their new age/progressive
show New Visions...AND THEY SHOWED CLOUDBUSTING!!!!  That was the first
video of hers I'd seen (had to sit through an Adreas Volenweider video
to get to it!)

The question now is, I guess, next time I hear the song, will their be
stars in my mental image?

Weird.

Jeff

|Jeffrey C. Burka                | "On the outskirts of nowhere           |
|jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu   |  on the ringroad to somewhere,         |
|jburka@amber.ucs.indiana.edu    |  on the verge of indecision..." --Fish |