Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Submission for rec-music-gaffa

From: Boss Tweed <root@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu>
Date: 29 Mar 90 18:47:46 GMT
Subject: Submission for rec-music-gaffa
Responding-System: iuvax.cs.indiana.edu

From: jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Jeffrey C. Burka)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: What's "gaffa"? Well, it's NOT gaffer's tape!
Date: 29 Mar 90 18:47:45 GMT
Sender: root@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu

Love'd your interpretation of SIG, Vickie.

First, I'd like to add these lyrics, which you omitted:

	'I caught a glimpse of a God all shiny and bright."

	"Mother, where are the angels?  I'm scared of the changes."

	"We all have a dream, maybe."

|>oug posted 'em about a year ago in answer to someone's asking...he
states that they're what _he_ hears, and since I agree that it's
pretty close to the actual text, and I had it as a text file, I used
|>oug's text file.

These lyrics very much support the idea of glimpse of god in purgatory, etc,
with the first line.  As you say, we have a heroine who wants to know more,
but is afraid to find out..."I won't open boxes that I am told not to/I'm
not a Pandora..."

But...having said that...