Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: What's "gaffa"? Well, it's NOT gaffer's tape!

From: jsd@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (Sofa Launch)
Date: 29 Mar 90 22:27:54 GMT
Subject: Re: What's "gaffa"? Well, it's NOT gaffer's tape!
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: daemon@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU

>From: jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Jeffrey C. Burka)
>Whenever I hear the song, I get this funny image of a Kate hanging in the
>air (in a huge room with a _high_ ceiling; like an airplane hanger), surrounded
>by a netting of gaffer's tape, unable to move, unable to do what she wants...
>just thrashing about in mid-air.  And I always wonder...did she put herself
>up there?

Jeff - have you seen the video for the song?  There is a scene where
she is suspended in the middle of a blue, star-punctuated room,
apparently just hanging in the middle of the air, and she starts
spinning around and around, head over heel, with the axis of rotation
being her midriff.  Quite a coincidence, wouldn't you say?

And yeah, of course it's Gaffer's tape, what else could it be?

+---------------------- Is there any ESCAPE from NOISE? ---------------------+
|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu | ZIK ZAK - We make everything you need, |
| \|on |/rukman | jsd@umass.bitnet  | and you need everything we make.       |