Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

MisK

From: Michael Mendelson <mendel@cs.uiuc.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 89 09:45:01 -0600
Subject: MisK

	Ben:  And that's coming from a Kate Bush authority.  Actually, this
      	      reminds me a lot of that song where she lies in bed. . . "Man
      	      With The Child In His Eyes". [?]  It's got that same sort of feel,
      	      the way it sounds like she's just about to cry.  That's an art.
      	      Emotional.

Actually, TWW reminds me *alot* of The Kick Inside (the song).
The starting is tres similar, and the (chorus?) part where she
sings "I know you have a little light (life?) in you yet, I know
you have a lot of strength left" is very reminiscent of "I'm giving
it all in a moment for you, etc."  Add the solo piano stuff,
and there's no doubt that Kate Bush wrote'm both (as if we were
wondering...).
			        			.

						"No pinky ring hustlers,
						 No sabre-tooth neighbours"