Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: _Dreamtime_ triple live bootleg

From: Doug Alan <nessus@athena.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 May 89 13:13:14 EDT
Subject: Re: _Dreamtime_ triple live bootleg
Sender: nessus@GAFFA.MIT.EDU

> From: (Michael J. Lamoureux) <lamour%smiley@gateway.mitre.org>

> The one in question is _Dreamtime_.  It's a 3 album (live?) bootleg
> (it was quite tempting, but I couldn't part with the $36).  Of
> particular note, on the back cover are several nude & semi-nude
> shots of Kate.  Well, the most obvious question is: are they REALLY
> Kate???

No, they are not.  The photos are from Penthouse and are of are "Kate
Simons", who was the Penthouse Pet of the Month sometime in '79.
There were rumors going around for a while that "Kate Simmons" was
really Kate Bush, but it isn't -- Kate Simmons doesn't really look
much like Kate Bush at all -- different colored eyes, etc.  Some
people say that this issue of Penthouse was specifically designed with
a Kate Bush rumor in mind in order to increase sales in England.
Whether this is true or not, I do not know.