Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: King Crimson

From: Philip Verdieck <pv04+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 89 23:40:27 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: King Crimson

If you want to learn about K.C. the best thing you can do is get

A Young Person's Guide to King Crimson.

This is a double album, and you get various cuts of off...

Court of the Crimson King
In the Wake of Poseidon
Lizard Islands
Red
and maybe
Lark's Tongue in Aspic or Starless and Bible Black...

I forget about the last two...

But the whole reason you want this is that it contains a
fairly large (20+ pages, I think) set of articles, reviews,
and notes by Fripp (I think) that detail the band perfectly.
This is the best source on info I can think of.
Be careful though..  The @#$%@#% record company bastards may
have cut out the booklet.... So, look around used record stores
and get a used copy..

Why?, because you will WANT to get the rest of the albums, anyway..
And you want to insure getting the booklet..

Or, find a friend who has all their albums, and borrow his booklet,
though I would say it is a must get thing...
--
ARPA  : Philip.Verdieck@andrew.cmu.edu  |   Carnegie-Mellon University
        PV04+@andrew.cmu.edu            |   Do not attend this college