Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Does she die?

From: Peter Glen Berger <pb1p+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 89 20:28:10 EST
Subject: Re: Does she die?

Let's face it.  I love Kate as much as we all do, but at the end of
*The Ninth Wave*, Kate's character is dead.  She has turned the toes
up to the daisies, given an obolus to Charon, shuffled off this mortal
coil, dead   dead   dead  dead.

Mind you,  she *IS* happy about it.    But in  this cruel world
that's not  too uncommon.   In fact, one  can almost look at her death
as  her *REWARD*   for going  through life.   This is,  at any  rate,
a  very Kate-like  idea, I think.

Regarding fascist UseNet administrators:   they do tend to  be  like
that.  I  attribute  it  to the fact   that they  have  to  &pay& for
their computing  time....

Pardon  the erratic  spacing, my  space bar  is(surprise!)  broken!

"Hell is exactly like where you are right now,
 only much, much worse."
	-Todd Masco, the Anti-Anderson

Pete Berger		       ||  ARPA:     Pete.Berger@andrew.cmu.edu
Professional Student	       ||  BITNET:   R746PB1P@CMCCVB
Carnegie-Mellon University     ||	     NEXUS@DRYCAS
Do not attend this college.    ||  UUCP: ...!harvard!andrew.cmu.edu!pb1p
"If only I could/make a deal with god/and get him to swap our places..."