Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: (none)

From: ucsd!elgar!ag@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU (Keith Gabryelski)
Date: 21 Jun 88 18:37:14 GMT
Subject: Re: (none)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

> From: whizzo@ATHENA.MIT.EDU (David Hardy)

>> [Pink Floyd Fans: Mobile Sound Fidelity Lab has DARK SIDE OF THE
>> MOON out from the HARVEST masters, on a GOLD plated CD... ~$23
>> around here]

> I didn't know there was more than one set of masters for Dark Side.
> What is the difference between the HARVEST masters and whatever
> others there may be?  Are the HARVEST masters considered the best?

The mastering in Japan was better than the mastering in the USA.  Less
hiss and whatnot.  I read in some audio phile magazine that the
Japaneese Harvest DSotM is worth ~$125 to collectors.  I haven't heard
of anyone actually paying this much.

The mastering done in England is suppose to be the best of the three.
The CD goes for ~$20.

BTW, I have a Japaneese Harvest DSotM.  I will give it up for any
price over $100.00.  :-)

	[ Me too!  -- |>oug ]

Pax, Keith
---
  "If green is all there is to be, then green is good enough for me" - ktf
[  Keith   ]  UUCP: {ucsd, cbosgd!crash, sdcsvax!crash, nosc!crash}!elgar!ag
[Gabryelski]  INET: ag@elgar.cts.com                 ARPA: elgar!ag@ucsd.edu